According to Wikipedia, Microsoft Azure, commonly referred to as Azure (/ˈæʒər/), is a cloud computing service created by Microsoft for building, testing, deploying, and managing applications and services through Microsoft-managed data centers. It provides software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS) and infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and supports many different programming languages, tools, and frameworks, including both Microsoft-specific and third-party software and systems.
Azure was announced in October 2008, started with the codename “Project Red Dog”, and released on February 1, 2010, as Windows Azure before being renamed to Microsoft Azure on March 25, 2014.
What is Microsoft Azure?
Microsoft Azure, formerly known as Windows Azure, is Microsoft’s public cloud computing platform. It provides a range of cloud services, including compute, analytics, storage, and networking. Users can pick and choose from these services to develop and scale new applications, or run existing applications in the public cloud.
The Azure platform aims to help businesses manage challenges and meet their organizational goals. It offers tools that support all industries — including e-commerce, finance and a variety of Fortune 500 companies — and is compatible with open source technologies. This provides users with the flexibility to use their preferred tools and technologies. In addition, Azure offers 4 different forms of cloud computing: infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), software as a service (SaaS) and serverless.
Benefits of Microsoft Azure 12 Month of Free Service
- App service – 10 web, mobile or API apps
- Functions – 1 million requests per month
- DevTest Labs – Enable fast, easy, and lean dev-test environments
- Active Directory – 500,000 objects
- Active Directory B2C – 50,000 monthly stored users
- Azure DevOps – 5 active users
- Microsoft IoT Hub – 8,000 messages per day
- Load Balancer – 1 free public load balanced IP (VIP)
- Notification Hubs – 1 million push notifications
- Bandwidth – 5GB egress per month
- Azure Cosmos DB – 5GB storage and 400 RUs of provisioned throughput for 1 year
- Azure Static Web Apps — Build, deploy and host static apps and serverless functions, with free SSL, Authenticationa/Authorisations and custom domains
- Full, detailed list – https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/free/