In the early days, I have always had an Azure account because of the use of Azure’s IoT service, but it will soon exceed the 12-month free trial period and transfer to the permanent free period. I have to look at the restrictions.
Microsoft itself has organized a free service page: https://portal.azure.com/#blade/Microsoft_Azure_Billing/FreeServicesBlade
But in fact, there are still a lot of fees here. After all, this is a profitable project. Do you believe it is really free?
Let me talk about the 12-month free:
- The configuration of Azure virtual machine, Windows virtual machine is really bad, the memory is full, the boot takes up 0.8G, IIS can’t get up, I think it is equal to disability. And the Linux virtual machine, the 64G hard disk is a bit big, and its practicality is not that big. As for the traffic of 30G (of which 15G is free for the first 12 months, and 15G is free), one-way computing is really not enough. In fact, in many cases, cheap overseas chicks can do it, and there is no need to pick a cloud host like Azure cloud.
- Blob storage/file storage, this is not a free service, storage is free, but IO operations are paid, so this is a paid service, and accordingly, CloudShell is not free. The same is true for file storage.
- The SQL database actually provides a capacity as large as 250G. Does this tell me that this database is very loosely stored? Later, I found that there is a low-cost solution, but I did not choose it. Maybe MSSQL is relatively large. In Linux operation, you need to install closed source Part of the kit, at the same time, storage is provided for free, vCPU is troublesome to pay, so I think it is very tasteless.
- Cosmos DB, this is finally free for use, 400 request units. However, according to my test, MongoDB compatible API problems are more, I still choose the completely free MongoDB Altas more comfortable.
- Anomaly detector: It provides a free tier, and there is no difference in the description of the 12-month free and the free tier. It detects abnormalities in a batch of data, such as a sudden increase in data.
- Computer vision: It provides a free layer. There is no difference between the description of the 12-month free and the free layer, which is to mark the picture.
- Content Moderator: It provides a free tier. When it is free for 12 months, you can use a higher frequency package, but it can only provide 10,000 detections. It can be understood as a tool such as Jian Huang, which can analyze voice, text, pictures, and videos.
- Custom vision: It provides a free tier, and a higher frequency package can be used when it is free for 12 months, but it is also limited to 10,000 predictions and 5,000 images.
- Face: It provides a free layer. There is no difference between the description of the 12-month free and the free layer. Face detection/recognition/verification/grouping/search can be stored in the standard layer in the first 12 months, otherwise it cannot be stored.
- Form recognizer: It provides a free tier. There is no difference between the description of the 12-month free and the free tier, and the information in the form picture is extracted.
- Ink Recognition Area: It provides a free layer. The description of the 12-month free and free layer is no different. You must extract the ink points and send them to the API. It is better to call the dot recognizer.
- Language understanding: It provides a free layer, and there is no difference in the description of 12 months free and free layer. You need the training to understand your words.
- Personalized experience creation service: It provides a free tier, and there is no difference in the description of the 12-month free and free tier. You need the training to understand your words.
- QnA Maker: It provides a free tier. There is no difference in the description of the 12-month free and the free tier. The question-and-answer bot also requires training. Note that App Insights is another service and requires payment.
- Text analysis: It provides a free tier. There is no difference in the description of the 12-month free and the free tier. The extraction of Chinese does not seem to be very good. (For example, the keyword function does not support Chinese)
- Translation: It provides a free tier. There is no difference in the description of the 12-month free and the free tier.
Permanent free service, not really free forever, knock on the blackboard~
- Application service: There is a free tier, it seems that this is really free, but Heroku provides similar services, maybe it’s just that Microsoft provides more nodes?
- Function: It is free, but storage is charged, so this is not a free service.
- Active Directory/Active Directory B2C: It is free in itself, and it can be used free of charge if you make a global situation.
- Service Fabric: Container management is free, but virtual machines are paid, so it is also a paid service.
- Azure DevOps: You are embarrassed to charge, so many CI tools. What, you need to bundle VS, forget it.
- Application Insights: Nodes are not restricted, yes, but logs are charged.
- Development Test Lab: This is indeed free, but I have not created it successfully.
- Security Center/Advisor: It’s not free, why don’t you say that the settlement system is also charged.
- Microsoft IoT Center: There are also many free IoT services in China. Azure is only used because of big manufacturers?
- Load balancer: This is free, but the back-end server requires money.
- Data Factory: Where does the data come from, it costs money to source the data, and money to store the results.
- Search: There are free services, but the quota is a bit scary.
- Notification Center: Push service, which requires software development and does not support the Web.
- Batch: Create new cloud resources in batches? Cloud resources cost money.
- Automation: It can be understood as the execution of certain scripts, but the environment Python2 or PS.
- Data directory: Personal accounts cannot be used, only enterprise users can use it.
- Human face: 12 months for free.
- Log Analytics: Pay as you go, pay when you exceed the limit, and the log is still optimistic.
- Planner: It’s another service I can’t create.
- Virtual network: When you open a virtual machine, you have to occupy it. You say that the payment is too bad. If you don’t open the virtual machine, it has no other uses.
- Data transmission between virtual networks: still want to charge for the intranet?
- Bandwidth (data transmission): 15G transmission is for all other services.
- Machine Learning/Machine Learning Studio: There is a charge for the VM that needs to be started.
- Container service: You need to open a virtual machine, and the virtual machine costs money.